Monday, February 25, 2008

Asher Update

Hello Everyone,

It's been a very long time since I've written you about our grandson Asher mostly because not much had changed in his condition. Paul and I visited this past weekend and I'm writing you now to ask for your prayers. Several weeks ago, Asher got a very bad cold followed by a stomach bug and he is now down to 12 pounds something at two and a half. Mark and Jess had some sort of feeding tube in but it agitated him so much that it caused him to have more of his breathing lapses. They are now contemplating some sort of permanent feeding tube but nothing they do for Asher is without risk.

He doesn't sleep very much at all. If he did, he wouldn't burn so many calories and would likely have better overall health.

Even though Asher does not have much physical strength, he raised his hands to my face as I kissed him goodbye yesterday.

I've attached a couple of pictures.

I'm praying that Asher will begin experiencing 8 hours of restful sleep daily and that his appetite will increase and also that Jess and Mark will be given wisdom about whether or not to go the feeding tube route.

Thanks so very much for standing with us for Asher.

Lots of love,

Judy Rousseau



No comments: